Talk about an easy cookie to make. These little bites of cookie and candy are another one of my favorites. Not only because they are so easy and only use 2 ingredients but because they are just so darn tasty! I could eat a dozen of them easily in one seating. If not more! The first time I had these, thanks to my friend Beth, I fell in love! When Beth made them they were just regular chocolate chip cookies but when I make them I use nuts. The two ingredients are pre-made cookie dough and mini peanut butter cups. You can use any of your favorite “tubes” of premade cookie dough. Chocolate chip, chocolate chip with nuts, sugar, chocolate… Also needed are mini muffin tins. I bake one tin at a time. It’s easier.
1 roll of pre-made cookie dough (your choice)
Bag of mini peanut butter cups (about 36 cups needed)
1. Preheat oven to directions on cookie dough package.
2. Fill each mini tin about 3/4 full with cookie dough. Bake according to package directions. If you wish you can spray the tins with cooking spray before adding dough just in case they stick.
3. While cookie dough is baking unwrap about 36 mini peanut butter cups so you have them all ready to go.
4. When cookie dough is finished baking remove from oven and place on cooling rack. While still warm press a mini peanut butter cup into each muffin tin. The heat will melt the chocolate a little which will help it to bond with the dough when it cools. Work quickly so the cookie dough does not harden before you can get the peanut butter cups into them.
5. When cookies are cool enough to handle carefully remove from tins and continue to cool on racks till hardened.
Makes about 36 cookies